Trying to live a
Possibly you have heard of this already? Its called “
Take a plastic bottle and stuff it with cut up pieces of cleaned and dried unrecyclable plastic. Once the bottle has reached a specified weight it can be used in building projects. Either your own or other local schemes which are set up as collections points. There aren’t really any collectors local to us in North Ayrshire/ Inverclyde … yet!
The amazing thing about starting to
- Swapped cat food pouches for tins (tins are in fact much better as its a closed environmental recycling loop!)
- Discovered Tesco recycle not only carrier bags but all non- biodegradable stretchy plastic bags (bin bags, bread bags, carrot bags)
- Discovered also that Tesco take print cartridges (and water filters)
Realisedthat I can do almost a whole veg/fruit shop at Morrisons without any plastic bags.
- Have started putting used kitchen roll etc in food recycling bin
And this is only the start of my journey with Ecobricks!
Want to start Ecobricking?
If this is something you are interested in its really really easy to get started.
- Start collecting your non-recyclable plastic.
- Find a small flat-bottomed bottle to start with as this is easiest.
- Read the
- Join the EcoBricks facebook UK group.
- Think about local building projects, your own, your school, your community. Lots of places where some little seats and a table would be a great addition? Meantime – just make them anyway until inspiration comes to you on how to use them! Much better than spread about landfill!